Join the Santa Clara Youth Soccer League and experience the fun and excitment of the best soccer program in the Bay Area!
The Santa Clara Youth Soccer League promote a respect for the game of soccer through fair play and sportsmanship, and offer a recreational and competitive soccer program for boys and girls from ages Under-5 through Under-19. Players must be born by 12/31/2012 to participate.
- Fall Soccer Program (runs from late August through the first weekend in November).
- Player Development to improve soccer skills
- Coaching Programs for volunteer coaches
- Financial Assistance Available by request
Recreational Soccer Age Groups:
SCYSL Registration Contact: Wendy Amick, SCYSL Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
How, Where & When to Register for Our 2016 Recreational Fall Soccer Program
- Registration Deadline: June 30th
- Santa Clara Residents Get 20% Discount Until May 31st
- Late Fee: A $20 late fee will be assessed for all registrations after June 15th
- Register Online | Click Here to Register Online
- Register in-person at Maywood Park (Sat. May 14th, 12pm-3pm). Maywood Park Bldg., 3330 Pruneridge Ave. located on Pruneridge near Pomeroy in Santa Clara.
*CITY OF SANTA CLARA RESIDENTS CAN SAVE 20% WHEN YOU REGISTER BY USING THE "KICK2016" Promo Code.
||Fees for Santa Clara Residents
||All Other Players
||Volunteer Fee Per Family
|$80 $64 ON-SALE |$125
|$110 $88 ON-SALE |$155
- "Out of Country" fee = Non-City of Santa Clara residents.
- The $40 Volunteer Participation Fee (VPP) is charged once per family (as long as you register multiple children at the same time). You can earn the $40 VPP back during the year by volunteering time to help-out our league. Volunteer opportunities include helping coordinate registration during our picture day event, helping mark soccer fields, clean-out the storage shed and other opportunities. Click here here to learn more details.
- Fees for recreational players include the following: player registration, uniform, shorts and socks, trophy and picture package.
- Late Fee: Any registration completed after June 15th will be assessed a $20 late fee.
What You Need for Registration
||Register at Maywood Park, May 14th
- Upload copy of birth certificate (PDF)
- Upload copy of player headshot photo (JPEG format)
- Payment by credit card or check (registration not complete until check clears)
- Bring birth certificate (PDF)
- Bring player headshot photo
- Payment by check (registration not complete until check clears)
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED IF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION:
- COPY of player’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT (we will keep this copy). This copy must be the official recorded document. Hospital and Baptismal certificates ARE NOT acceptable. Birth certificate not required for coaches. Only returning players within the past five years may forego submitting a birth certificate. However, one may be requested later if the Registrar cannot verify the information.
- Current PHOTO to be used for player passes. PHOTO HEADSHOT MUST BE APPROXIMATELY 1 inch x 1.5 inches! Larger photos, Polaroid, poor quality printed, or any previously laminated pictures will be rejected. The player must NOT be wearing any type of hat, scarf or sunglasses. Only players in our U10 and younger groups may forgo submitting a picture.
2016-17 Season Age Chart
Due to recent mandates by US Soccer, all soccer clubs in the US are switching to birth year to determine what age group a player plays in. For instance a player born in the year 2003 will play in the U14 age group for the 2016-17 season.
Also note that the format “U followed by age” really means that age and younger. For example, U8 should be read as 8 and younger.
There is another very important component to understand about this chart. To avoid players aging out of an age group during a season, the new top age group for youth competitions is U19. This change aligns with the birth year standard and makes sure that players are not eliminated from participating during the second half of a season. In short, all the existing U18 leagues should become U19 in the 2016-17 season and this change should cascade down the age groups (Ex: U17 becomes U18, U16 becomes U17, etc.).
Use this chart to determine the appropriate age group for your player for the 2016-2017 season.
Requesting to Play-Up in Age - If you would like your child to play-up one age group you must make the request during the registration process.
||PLAYERS BORN BETWEEN
||1/1/1998 through 12/31/1998
||1/1/1999 through 12/31/1999
||1/1/2000 through 12/31/2000
||1/1/2001 through 12/31/2001
||1/1/2002 through 12/31/2002
||1/1/2003 through 12/31/2003
||1/1/2004 through 12/31/2004
||1/1/2005 through 12/31/2005
||1/1/2006 through 12/31/2006
||1/1/2007 through 12/31/2007
||1/1/2008 through 12/31/2008
||1/1/2009 through 12/31/2009
||1/1/2010 through 12/31/2010
||1/1/2011 through 12/31/2011
||1/1/2012 through 12/31/2012